Monday, October 2, 2017

Animal Kingdom in a Day

For our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, we decided to go to Disney. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon, but we got a decent deal on a 4 day (one park) pass as Florida Residents, so we went for it. We did one day at each park and this one we conquered with my Grandparents while wearing our Happily Ever After pins. 

I am definitely no Disney expert, nor do I claim to be, but I do know how to make good use of a fast pass and I can boogie around the park with the best of them. For this trip we did go at the beginning of February (yes, I am playing catch up on my blog) so it wasn't quite as busy as during peak season. Unfortunately (poor planning on my part), we went right before Pandora opened so we did miss that part of this park. 

For each of our Disney parks posts, I'm just going to tell you what each of us enjoyed the most at that park and share any helpful tips I have learned through my years at the Disney parks. 

Josh's Favorite:
I don't actually like roller coasters. At all. So for those of you that are like me, I will tell you that Expedition Everest was NOT THAT BAD (although I still don't love roller coasters). My favorite part, though, was for sure the Dinosaur ride. I am an avid dinosaur lover, so this was a total win for me, especially since it is more simulator than ride. I also have to mention that I really enjoyed the Wildlife Express Train & Kilimanjaro Safari and checking out all of the animals. 

Hil's Favorite:
I just love that Expedition Everest has that backwards drop. There isn't much better than that flop in your stomach during that part of the ride! Beyond that, though, I just loved walking and seeing all the animals. Take time to talk to the tour guides. They have some really great information about some of the animals. I wanted to see every single animals that the papers said I could see (and I did!). 

Helpful Hint:
One thing that we love is that you can actually ask any employee there (especially the ones with cameras) to take your picture. Obviously they will take it on their really nice camera, but they will also take it on your phone for you too. They really have the best idea for what you want in the background of your pictures (since their job is to take pictures of guests all day) so before you ask a random park guest, try to look for these guys to take your pictures if you really want ones to capture the moments. 

Photo Ops:
In front of the Tree of Life
One with Expedition Everest in the Background 

Here is our clique picture in front of the Tree of Life to prove that we were in fact actually at Animal Kingdom! 
-J & H


No comments:

Post a Comment