Monday, December 18, 2017

Melbourne Beach

We made this quick day trip over to Melbourne Beach to visit my uncle and his family one weekend this summer. It's a place that Josh and I look forward to returning to and exploring more. 


My absolutely favorite part was walking from my uncle's house to this beautiful boardwalk. This is right next to that Melbourne Beach sign (pictured above). On the west coast of Florida, we don't have many areas with beautiful boardwalks like this. I just couldn't help but smile as I felt the breeze rushing over us while I stared out into the deep blue. We saw dolphins and watched a seagull dive for his lunch. Find a boardwalk near you and do yourself a favor - take a nice walk on one. Hold the hand of your significant other and enjoy the walk. 

The food highlight of this trip (besides my cousins AMAZING homemade brownies) was donuts for breakfast at the Sugar Shack. Most of you know that Josh & I typically try to eat pretty healthy regularly, so often when we travel, we splurge. These donuts were to DIE FOR. To tell you the truth, we ordered donuts, and then he brought out a fresh batch, so we went and ordered more. We couldn't stop eating them. SO delicious. I just can't say no to a homemade donut. BEST NEWS - most of them are open ALL DAY! So donuts for breakfast, lunch & dinner (AM I RIGHT?)


Hopefully I have more to share about Melbourne soon,
Hilary & Josh 

No comments:

Post a Comment