Monday, November 13, 2017

Detroit Wedding Weekend


So we were literally in Detroit for less than 48 hours for this quick trip up for my cousins wedding. We left out of Ft. Lauderdale at 7:30 Saturday morning and headed back home from Detroit on 6:00 Sunday night. So when I say quick trip - I mean it. Can you tell by our photo above that we have sleepy eyes when we were boarding our flight to Detroit that morning? We also hate to pay for carry ons so we all packed in backpacks for our quick flight on Spirit. 


There were two quick things that I wanted to share with you about this trip. First is about our favorite Saturday morning downtown stop at the Eastern Market. We made our way across the street to the Detroit vs. Everybody store because we just love it (and I love all the graffiti - peep the pic above). Also across from the Eastern Market was the little store you can see in the background of Josh's picture. They were grilling food right out front of their store and it smelled absolutely delicious. It was served by a big sweaty chef and we just couldn't pass it up. Josh got the ribs and said that they were some of the best he's ever had. We never shy away from street food. {Not pictured: me stuffing my face with beignets because they are the best ever!} 

 


We spent lots of quick stops with family as we tried to visit everyone in the short time that we were there. Saturday night we went to my cousins wedding. We cleaned up pretty nice for being up since 3am, did we not? On a total side note, they got married at Wolcott Mill Metropark and it was seriously gorgeous. If you are ever in the area, definitely check it out - especially in the fall - I heard they have awesome activities! 

 

Until next time, I leave you with this studly photo. 
-JH

No comments:

Post a Comment